Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunglasses Collection


I've always loved sunglasses. I used to have a million cheap pairs, but I finally decided to upgrade and only purchase solid pairs that I find randomly. You almost always need them when you're driving. Even in the winter the sun shining on the snow is super bright! Not only that if you're looking a little tired throw on a pair of sunglasses and no one will know. In my opinion they work wonders! On top of that, you can take some awesome reflection pictures, like that one that I took on Easter last year.


rb3025_001_3e.l.gif


My best friend Jeslyn is the one who lead me to the decision that everyone needs a solid pair. She bought her Ray Ban Aviators the summer before senior year, I think. Hers are gold with rose gradient and they just so happen to look fantastic with her olive skin tone. Style number RB3025. (Note: this picture is four year old & we are inside!)


That is the first pair that I got my senior year of high school at the Sunglass Hut. Classic Ray Ban Wayfarer, white on the front and black on the sides. Practical, but funky. Just the way I like it. Oh and that's me in Hawaii during my senior year of high school. What I would do to go back there.

I purchased this purple and red pair of Ray Ban Wayfarers at Century 21 right before Thanksgiving for only $65. Even when it's not prime sunglasses season you can still find some awesome pairs out there. You have to make sure you keep your eyes peeled.


Last weekend I went to the garage thrift store here in NYC (23rd between 6th and 7th) and stumbled upon this fabulous army green pair of Alexander McQueen sunglasses. They are style number 4133 and I found them online for $220, but I only paid $75. Of course, the woman wanted $125 for them, which I refused to pay for them because they didn't even come with a case and all I would do is scratch them up.


Only a few days ago I came across this adorable pair of vintage Gucci sunglasses at Buffalo Exchange. I honestly was a little skeptical about them at first. After trying them on for like the third time I ended up falling in love. They're almost like a grey with a hint of mauve. They are from the early 90s and after I did some research I learned that they start out as regular glasses. Whoever owned them before me must have swapped out the frames to make them sunglasses, which is fine by me! Perfect addition to my soon to be collection, if you ask me!


Not only do I want a million solid pairs of sunglasses, but I have also become a firm believer in the fact that everyone needs at least one solid pair. For Christmas 2010 I bought my sister this gorgeous pair of Ray Ban Aviators (Style #3044). She has a pretty small face and so I got her the slim fit, small frames so they didn't take over her face. I think she was a little hesitant at first, but she texts me whenever she wears them and it sounds like she is enjoying them for than she expected she would. Plus, she really does look great in them AND that's her awesome Banana Republic jacket that I posted about previously.



One day I got to walk around Central Park wearing these adorable House of Harlow sunglasses. My boss and I were using them for a photo shoot and whenever they weren't on a model I would snag them and pretend they were my one. I keep saying I'm going to break down and buy them, except I keep finding the rare pairs instead and holding off on this specific pair.




One quick shot of my friend Rob wearing his limited edition Oakleys. You can't really see them that well in this photo, but they're white with purple lenses. I absolutely love them. On the inside of the frames it says "Greg Lutzka" and "Good Livin"



My Inspiration:








I think it's safe to say there will be more sunglasses post in the future because there are way more styles that I would love to share with all of you!

Today (Sunday, March 6th) is that LAST day to enter my GIVEAWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment