Monday, March 14, 2011

Summer Concerts


I absolutely love Dave Matthews Band. I have seen him multiple times. I go to his Summer tour concerts in Saratoga Springs, NY every year. When he announced last year that he wasn't going to be doing his Summer 2011 Tour I was nearly heartbroken. I couldn't believe I was going to have a summer without DMB. I even went to 2 of his Fall tour concerts, one in my hometown of Albany, NY and one in Madison Square Garden. He was wonderful in both of these settings, as usual, but it wasn't the same as the outdoor summer fun concerts. Recently, I found out about the DMB Caravan 3-day concert in Atlantic City, NJ in June and was psyched. Pretty much all of my favorite bands will be there and it should be totally awesome. Unfortunately, the tickets cost $200 + fees AND on top of that you have to pay for your hotel room. I'm sure it would be worth it to see O.A.R. and Dr. Dog, but I'm not so sure if I can afford it.



I think that the reason why I am hesitant to spend the $200 on the DMB Caravan is because before I heard about that I committed to going to BONNAROO with my best friend. I am not regretting this decision at all because no matter what Nikki and I will have a fantastic time at Bonnaroo. Also, it is their 10th Anniversary so I am sure that they are going to try and step it up a notch compared to usual. The tickets were crazy expensive, but it's a day longer, there seems to be more bands, and you get a camping spot with the price of your ticket.


One of the other bands I wanted to see this summer was Phish. I was really upset last year when I missed them in Saratoga Springs, NY last summer. I was looking at their dates and places and the closest that they get to my hometown is like 2 hours in Bethel, NY on Memorial Day weekend. I not so sure if I am going to be able to make it because I think thats the same weekend that I have to move out of my dorm. The other tour date that I would possibly drive to is the one in Darien Center, NY. It is far from my house, but I have been to that venue numerous times and I really like it there. Also, they are offering admissions to the amusement park that is attached to the venue with the price of the ticket. Plus, the park is going to be open to ONLY people going to the Phish concert. Unfortunately, it happens to be during one of the days of Bonnaroo so I'm not going to be able to make it, however, you guys should totally take advantage of that deal!



The concert that I loved when I was in high school was Vans Warped Tour. My friends and I drove the five hours to go to the one in Darien Center, NY and camp out there in the Buffalo area. We would also take a day to spend at the amusement park. It was always so much fun. I don't think I am going to attend any of the dates this year, but I would suggest it to anyone. Its so much fun to run from stage to stage all day and hear a bunch of great bands and even meet some of them! I also, would like to say that you should vote for STATE CHAMPS to play Vans Warped Tour at Mansfield, MA. You can do that by clicking here. Support local bands!


Another awesome event that happens in the Spring is Bamboozle. I was contemplating going because it is near NYC and is the week after my Spring Break! The only this is that I feel like for me it wouldn't be too different than Bonnaroo. Two of their biggest names, Lil Wayne and Wiz Khalifa, are also going to Bonnaroo. What they probably get people on is how much cheaper is is. Bamboozle tickets only cost $136. You can also buy one day passes for around $50. For only $136 I would just go to every day, but that's just me. I think what is drawing me to Bamboozle the most is Taking Back Sunday because I think they are fantastic and I hear they put on a show. Somehow, everytime they come around I happen to miss them. I might just have to go to Bamboozle in order to see them.

I know I'm missing a bunch of awesome concerts, but these are just a few of my favorites. Let me know if you know of any awesome things that I am missing out on! 

Are you planning on going to anything?! I'd love to hear about your summer plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment