Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Banana Republic Deals

As many people know about me, I have the extremely odd obsession with the Gap. I think it happened when I started to tone down my wardrobe a little bit and stocked up on basics. I own a ridiculous amount of their sweaters and t's. I find them super comfy for chilly days. Anyway, The Gap Inc. (which my friend and I wrote a ridiculously long paper on last year) just so happens to own Banana Republic, which my sister recently developed an obsession over. That means that I have also had to go to the store with her and has opened me to a whole new world. If you shop properly at Banana you can practically steal their stuff!

While I was shopping for Christmas with my mom we were looking for some stuff for my sister and we found this great sweater that is part of Banana Republic's Heritage line. It retails $120 and we purchased it for $80! Its super chunky and perfect for a cozy day. I love the ruffle, it adds that perfect little pop. I feel like this picture doesn't do it justice. It looks and feels way nicer in person. My sister threw it on with black leggings, cute earrings, and some knee-high brown leather boots for Christmas dinner and it looked really nice.

Another Christmas present that we got for my cousin there was these fantastic cashmere gloves. They look like a navy shirt with a thumbhole overtop of a beige glove. You can also unfold the glove so that it extends super far up your arm. I thought the gloves were so versatile and very different from Banana Republic's usual play-it-safe style. On a regular day they retail about $40, but when I went to go buy them for myself after the holidays they were only $20.

The same day that I went to get my gloves I got a fantastic steal on flat suede slouchy boots in a nice spice color. They will replace my Steve Madden's that I got a few years ago and have completely ruined since. My new boots were originally $225 and I see that today they are selling on their website for $149.99, but they day I bought them in the store I only paid $40! Totally an amazing steal, if you ask me and they looked great when I wore them out the other night.

The first time I posted this I totally forgot about the awesome pea coat that my sister had purchased at Banana Republic on her last trip through the Lee, Massachusetts outlets. The pea coat is grey with toggle buttons and it reaches just between her hips and her knees, so like the mid-thigh area. Nicole reports back that it is a heavy jacket keeping her super warm during those cold days in Boston. I'd say the best part about the coat is that it is warm and she doesn't look like a huge puffer fish! Plus, the deal that she got on it was absolutely amazing. It was originally marked at $160, but with the markdowns at the outlet store Nicole only had to pay $40. Now, if only I could find such a nice jacket for that cheap of a price! Oh and by the way, the jacket pictured looks awfully similar and it is from Banana, but I don't believe it is the exact match to the one my sister got this fabulous deal on!


This last article of clothing is a little bit random because it happens to be from Old Navy, but it does fit into the post because Old Navy is also owned by The Gap Inc. The same day that I bought my boots while I was in Banana Republic I saw a girl wearing a fantastic poncho and since I had just returned one that I recieved for Christmas I was looking for a replacement. I, after staring her down for a while, went up and asked her where she got it and she responded, "Old Navy, I know I was surprised too." So after I was done at Banana I headed over to Old Navy to find ONE of these lonely ponchos shoved at the end of the sale rack! The original price was $34.50, which I never would have paid for an Old Navy poncho, but I ended up paying only $15. It was always a great find from Old Navy, but the price makes it that much better.

1 comment:

  1. you should post about my banana jacket!!! $160 dollars purchased for a mere $46!!

    ReplyDelete