Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Meet the Hilfigers

Whenever anyone sees the classic red, white, and blue flag they automatically think of Tommy Hilfiger. Originally the brand was known for making it's consumers their advertisements. In other words, they would plaster the Tommy Hilfiger name and logo on all of their clothing. In the 90's this was a huge fad and people loved to be walking advertisements, but this isn't the case anymore. I can't say this for sure, but I would assume that Tommy Hilfiger has been struggling the past few years. Phillips-Van Heusen recently purchased the Tommy brand and has been trying to reposition them. Their new position is much more preppy. Their clothing and accessories are beginning to look more and more like Ralph Lauren every day. Personally, I am really glad that someone is saving the Tommy Hilfiger name and company because I feel that they have a lot to offer.

I was having a hard time finding photos on the internet and I sure don't own any clothing with TOMMY written across it, but I'm sure with these few photos you will get what I mean by 'walking advertisement.'






Anyway, the whole reason that I wanted to share with you the Tommy story is this new advertisement. I think that it is very personable. Also, the name of it 'Meet the Hilfigers' makes you realize that they are new and different as well as draw you in. This is the perfect ad for a company that is trying to reposition themselves. Way to go Phillips-Van Heusen marketing team!

1 comment: